[csw-maintainers] maven3 - java package for all architectures

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 15 22:24:58 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 15.11.2010 um 20:24 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 4:23 AM, rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> hi, i tried to copy maven2 to build maven3, and checked it also in for
>> reference. the package is java and does not build as such.
>
> what do you mean by this?
>
> Does the maven3 project distribute precompiled but standalone .class files?
> or does it give you .java files and expects you t compile to .class/jar files?
> or does it just provide a jar?
>
> The answer to this decides which package you need to compare to.

I just looked, it is a GAR issue: Hardcoding GARCH on the top breaks
the modulation. The build is independent from Java, good examples are
e.g. phpldapadmin and jdk6 which just put files in place.

Rupert: I updated the GAR Makefile that it install but as I don't know Maven
at all I'll leave the difficult things like symlinking 'mvn' and moving
the config-file to /etc/opt/csw to you :-)