[csw-maintainers] apache 1.3 retirement?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 16 17:21:31 CET 2010

On 11/16/10, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Tue Nov 16 05:54:57
> -0500 2010:
>> No dia 16 de Novembro de 2010 04:57, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
>> escreveu:
>> > it has multiple pkgs depending on it
>
> Yes, other than RT, sqwebmail and possibly htdig[1] everything else is
> a module for apache that would be retired along side of it.

yes i did notice that the majority of dependants are just apache modules.
But, even if there was only ONE useful package depending on it, it
would be reason to still keep it in.
and there are at least two.

For the record, I kept "meaning to update apache1, but wanted to do it "nicely".
but nicely takes more time than a quickie, so it never happened :-/

Probably its about time I do a quickie instead.
would be nice if someone did it "properly" though.
There are some useful apache modules that *only* work with apache1, I think,
But last time i verified that was a year or two ago.