[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] important change: length of software names

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Nov 18 18:09:48 CET 2010

On 11/17/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 16 de Novembro de 2010 18:52, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
> escreveu:
>> Since people had recently already submitted packages longer than 20
>> chars, I thought there was no need for further coordination :-}
>
> Can we coordinate these kinds of changes in the future?

I'm usually all about coordination :) So sure thing.
I'm just not sure what you think we missed out on, with this particular case.

You couldnt make the change on 'your end', until the database and my
registration scripts were changed.  But i'm not sure what the problem
is in the other direction. I dont see what we "lost", if the gar-side
changes were made a week after the database change, as compared to the
same day.