[csw-maintainers] Our core values: providing straightforward experience to the user

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Nov 19 18:34:32 CET 2010

On 11/19/10, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>> So let me share more detail of my experience, and how that benefits my
>> position of release manager.
>
> Well, nobody said that your contribution [as release manager] to the community is not
> valuable.

Choosing the option of "no human release manager", is saying exactly that.
(if one presumes that people are choosing that option, with the
assumption that quality of packages will not suffer as a result)

It would in some ways bother me more, if a majority of maintainers
voted for "no human release manager", and believed in their hearts,
"yes, quality of packages WILL suffer, but I dont care, i just want
life easier for myself"
If the majority of voting members no longer care about package quality
as paramount importance, that would be a sign that opencsw has become
an organization I would no longer wish to be a part of, or even use
products from.