[csw-maintainers] Final feedback for putting in GAR/repository info into our mysql db

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 23 11:28:06 CET 2010

* Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Am 23.11.2010 um 00:00 schrieb Philip Brown:

> >> Great!
> >
> > fyi, this is done.
>
> Um, where is it? There is no link at
>   http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libtool/
> or is the webpage done by someone else?

It's done by someone else. Anyone aware about the packages/ setup on our
www box? Anyone with Wordpress know how? Will look into it unless
someone else jumps in.

@Ihsan: Just had a look, the web files on the www box are still all
owned by William. Could we get a wwwadmin user to which certain people
can sudo to?

> > and I also took the liberty of back-registering packages released in
> > the last 100 days.

Thanks. Any problem with simply processing all packages?

> > Good thing I like copious output from my registration script... or I
> > would have missed that it isnt always "sf.net", but sometimes
> > "sourceforge.net" :-/
>
> The plain SVN URL is registered in the package. The problem is that
> Sourceforge has multiple domains with the same contents, but I guess
> these are the only ones.

In our repository links we should use SF's canonical domain name
(sourceforge.net) as that's what their certificates are issued for,
e.g. *.svn.sourceforge.net.

Sebastian