[csw-maintainers] Our core values: providing straightforward experience to the user

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 25 09:52:41 CET 2010

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

> This is what I mean by "[something that works in the real world]".
> In the "Real World", almost no maintainer asks someone else for a
> review before releasing their package.
>
> So your, and Peter's proposal, will effectively result in packages
> getting directly released without any 3rd party review, for pretty
> much all future packages.

you still didn't take into account the other distribution models, as I
suggested:

"[...]Look at the other distributions models and you'll see that
there is not a serious one having an *unique* person doing discretionary
release management.[...]"

this thread is not only about human release management but also about
how that role is accomplished: discretionarily.
--
Peter