[csw-maintainers] package naming conventions for addons to other packages

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Oct 27 18:15:28 CEST 2010

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, October 27, 2010, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>
>>
>> This must me implemented as decided during this summer technical
>> summit. I'm asking the community to act on this pragmatically.
>>

> "must"??

Must vs should.

> first of all, the summer meeting did not constitute any binding
> authority. it was certainly not advertised as such.

And who's the "binding authority" in a community?

> secondly, you invoke "the community": however, "the community" has not
> been involved in this. merely a subset of maintainers. not even all
> maintainers have authoritatively been polled.

Alright then I'm asking for a vote on this issue.

By the way, the community, as in the C of OCSW is formed by
maintainers. I am one. You are also one of them and have no binding
authority. I'm saying this by drawing a line in the sand...

--
Peter