[csw-maintainers] package naming conventions for addons to other packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Oct 28 23:39:19 CEST 2010

On 10/27/10, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>> secondly, you invoke "the community": however, "the community" has not
>> been involved in this. merely a subset of maintainers. not even all
>> maintainers have authoritatively been polled.
>
> Alright then I'm asking for a vote on this issue.

That is certainly a better course of action, than a subset of
maintainers having a meeting, that discriminates against other
maintainers by force of physical location, and then declaring "things
'must' change".

However, you are still not being properly considerate of the full community.
The "community" affected here, is the ENTIRE OpenCSW community: both
maintainers *and* users.
Therefore, we should prepare a proper poll that allows for full
participation of the entire community affected.

The poll wording needs to also be openly reviewed for some period of
time, to ensure inclusiveness and fairness.

Are you volunteering to write the initial wording, or are you
requesting someone else draft it?