[csw-maintainers] Package submission process

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 28 20:24:51 CEST 2010

No dia 28 de Outubro de 2010 17:02, Jonathan Craig
<jon.craig at craigslanding.net> escreveu:
> I'm a new maintainer and I'm stumbling my way through learning to
> build/submit packages.  My first project was to build and submit the
> perl module "Net::Syslog".  I have a successful "gmake package" that
> created a file "pm_netsyslog-0.04,REV=2010.10.27-SunOS5.9-all-UNCOMMITTED.pkg.gz".
>  I also ran a "gmake submitpkg", but what if anything it accomplished
> I don't know.  Is there a current source of information describing the
> model build/test/submit process?

Look at http://wiki.opencsw.org/maintainer-tools

"gmake submitpkg" is different from "submitpkg", in that "gmake
submitpkg" does not submit a package, only tags it in subversion.

The build/test/submit model is largely informal.  It's up to you to
decide how much testing you need for your package.  It's also up to
you to find people to test your package.  When you're satisfied with
testing, you can use submitpkg to send you package to the release
manager.

I'm not entirely happy with this model, but I don't see any easy way
of improving it.  Suggestions are welcome!