[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs py_django_auth_ldap, py_django_filter(...)

Kester Habermann kester at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 29 09:00:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 02:47:15PM -0700, Philip Brown wrote:
> On 10/28/10, Kester Habermann <kester at opencsw.org> wrote:
> >

> > * py_django_auth_ldap: new package
> >   + py_django_auth_ldap-1.0.6,REV=2010.10.27-SunOS5.9-all-CSW.pkg.gz
> >

> longer than allowed name length contraints.
> Cant accept even if I wanted to, as things stand. Database limits are
> set at 20 chars right now.

As I'm new here, I'm not aksing you to make changes for me. I didn't
know which overrides were acceptable and which weren't and I could have
truncated the name making it barely readable.

Before submitting the package I raised the issue of the limit on the
maintainers list. The general advice I got, was to go ahead wth the
override.  It was not pointed out to me that this would be a show
stopper for accepting the package. If I had known this from the start,
I would not have submitted an "invalid" package.

Making a database field longer should not be problematic or cause data loss.
Something like "ALTER TABLE tablename ALTER COLUMN pkgname TYPE VARCHAR(255);"
should do the job.

Best Regards

Kester