[csw-maintainers] GAR: Preprocessing a postinstall file

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 16 12:35:07 CEST 2010

No dia 12 de Dezembro de 2009 07:05, Dagobert Michelsen
<dam at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> Am 12.12.2009 um 02:27 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
>>
>> Suppose I have a file CSWfoo.postinstall, which has some variables
>> which need to be substituted before the file can be shipped.
>> Something along the lines of:
>>
>> mycommand=@bindir@/foo
>>
>> Is it possible to preprocess a postinstall file like that?  At which
>> stage should it be done?
>
> The natural place for this is in post-install-modulated.
> However, you may also do it during post-merge or in a
> custom-merge rule doing substitute-copy in one step.

I'm seeing the postinstall file in these directories:

work/solaris9-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8/CSWpostgresql-84.postinstall
work/solaris9-sparc/build-global/CSWpostgresql-84.postinstall

post-install-modulated looks like it's too late, these dirs are build
dirs, aren't they?  Shouldn't it be in post-build-modulated?