[csw-maintainers] Our primary and comment strings on rsync

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 19 17:07:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just added comment strings on rsync:

> opencsw-rsync# rsync rsync://localhost
> csw             CSW Primary Mirror, use this if you are mirroring OpenCSW
> opencsw         The same as 'csw', use this if you prefer the full project name as source
> opencsw-future  The proposed future layout of the OpenCSW Primary, layout may change without notice at any time

I added "opencsw" as some mirrors refer to us as "opencsw", so it may be good to long
term move to the more specific term.

Additionally, I activated lighttpd and Ihsan moved the mirror alias to rsync, so we
have now our own primary mirror at
  http://mirror.opencsw.org
There are now nice access stats yet, just access logs.

There are also automatic monthly snapshots at
  http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw-future/snapshots/
and an archive of all released packages:
  http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw-future/allpkgs/
Additionally, the changes between the snapshots is calculated and
viewed for each catalog, e.g.:
  http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw-future/unstable/sparc/5.9/

Next I plan to add descriptive text on that URL about available mirrors, mirror status
and how to become a mirror.

Feedback very welcome!