[csw-maintainers] Board election method

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Mon Sep 20 10:46:49 CEST 2010

On 31/08/10, 11:17:17, Maciej "(Matchek)" Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org>
wrote regarding [csw-maintainers] Board election method:

> We need elect a new board.  Previously, the election has been done in
> person, but this time it needs to be done remotely, which will require
> a new voting method.  We need to choose a method of voting then, which
> begs a question:  What voting method will we use to decide on the
> voting method?

> We could use the Concordet voting system.  We could also use an
> external site, such as [2].  I've also created a package with
> debian-vote, an implementation of the Concordet system, the package is
> available from experimental[3].

The OpenCSW Bylaws state "Board members are elected by the general
meeting", "Each voting member has one vote", and "The president decides
in case of a tie", "The board decides about the procedure of such votes."
etc.

Should you wish to change the voting method see section 8 "Changing the
Bylaws".

James.