[csw-maintainers] Easify OpenCSW bootstrapping on a server

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 21 11:27:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

we have come a long way. I just reviewed the descriptions at
   http://www.opencsw.org/get-it/
and this way too complex for a simple task. It should IMHO
better read

* pkg-get: pkgadd -d http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/pkg-get.pkg
   /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i <whateveryoulike>
* pkgutil: pkgadd -d http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/pkgutil.pkg
   /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -i <whateveryoulike>

After reviewing the discussion I really think the argument
of "uglyness" about having two wgets must stand back if it
allows just one line of installation.

PS: This was the initial thread I was referring to:

Am 28.09.2009 um 22:15 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote on 28.09.2009 21:16:
>> Am 28.09.2009 um 21:12 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
>>> pkgutil was placed straight at the mirror root a while ago to
>>> facilitate
>>> downloading, but it doesn't seem to get updates. The version
>>> floating
>>> around [1,2] is 1.5, most recent pkgutil is 1.7. Could this please
>>> be