[csw-maintainers] Catalog generation date information in catalog/pkgutil?

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 13 13:46:48 CEST 2011

On 13/04/11, 12:07:35, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote
regarding Re: [csw-maintainers] Catalog generation date information in
catalog/pkgutil?:

> > Would it be possible to integrate the generation date into the catalog
> > during build time? And what do you think about integrating this date
> > information in pkgutil -V output (or similar)?

> A page/box/section on opencsw.org with the generation date for all of
> our catalogs (like the one from James [1]) would be neat too!

It was so long ago I asked for the date in the file I've forgotten
when I asked.

I have to deduce the date from the server returns.  FTP dates are
tricky.  HTTP headers are not consistent, some don't have a date and
some people seem incapable of setting their server clock.  I do a
vague majority vote on the dates when unset.  At the moment there are
some stray ftp dates, the algorithm needs more work.  Summary: what a
pain, how much easier with the date in the file.

James.