[csw-maintainers] Catalog generation date information in catalog/pkgutil?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Apr 13 18:06:46 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 4:46 AM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:

> It was so long ago I asked for the date in the file I've forgotten
> when I asked.

huh. I dont recall having this requested before.
but it shouldnt be very difficult to wedge one in.

Although I'm not really sure what good it does you.. it still doesnt
tell you whether it is "in sync" with the master, which seems to be
the high level thing that people "really" want. For that, you still
have to compare one way or the other with "the master".

One made 2 hours ago, could still be "out of date". contrariwise, one
made 2 days ago, might still be UP to date.

Sounds like what people would most like, would be a "catalog last
updated" thingie on our website.
That may as well just go with the output from "ls -l $CATALOG" rather
than having to actually parse the catalog  ?