[csw-maintainers] Catalog generation date information in catalog/pkgutil?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Apr 15 16:11:45 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:44 AM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:

> 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_Structuring_Conventions
> 2. http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/ps/5001.DSC_Spec.pdf

I finally took the time to look at these docs.
While it does refer to itself in places as "DSC", it seems to me that
the full title is really
PLDSC -- postscript language document structuring conventions.
It is not a generic structuring standard.
(and for that matter, the catalog isnt a "document" either).

Not that I'm saying we have to find something applicable for
"catalogs". I'm just saying that it isnt a particularly compelling
standard. I'm hoping there's something more generic out there.