[csw-maintainers] Help for newbie creating a new package

Jesse Reynolds jesse at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 3 10:02:31 CEST 2011

2011/8/3 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>

> 2011/8/3 Jesse Reynolds <jesse at opencsw.org>:
> > I tried creating a Makefile and running 'mgar newpkg gperf' as per one of
> > the examples in the wiki but it complained ...
> > unstable9s:~/test/gperf $ mgar fetch
> > svn: '.' is not a working copy
> > ERROR: No build system found at /home/jesse/opencsw/.buildsys/
> > Clearly I'm missing something basic about how, or where, to run mgar.
>
> The error you're seeing is the one that shows when the GARTYPE setting
> is missing from the Makefile you're attempting to build. This setting
> tells mgar which branch of mgar (v1, v2, perhaps another one) to use.
> You can also debug mgar.  It is written in shell, so you can run the
> following command:
>
> /opt/csw/bin/bash -x /opt/csw/bin/mgar (...)
>
> If the debug output doesn't help you, please post it here (or on IRC
> via a paste service), it should shed more light on what's going on.

Thanks Maciej. I've added the following to the Makefile:

GARTYPE = v2

And how it seems happy. I've now done the following for the gperf example:
mgar fetch
mgar makesum
mgar checksum
mgar extract
mgar configure
mgar build
mgar test

Yay! However:

mgar package

runs into some errors. Here's the tail end of the output:

CSWgperf:
If any of the reported errors were false positives, you can override them
pasting the lines below to the GAR recipe.
CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgperf +=
bad-rpath-entry|/opt/SUNWspro/lib/v8|opt/csw/bin/gperf
CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgperf += bad-rpath-entry|/lib|opt/csw/bin/gperf
CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgperf +=
bad-rpath-entry|/opt/SUNWspro/lib|opt/csw/bin/gperf
CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgperf +=
bad-rpath-entry|/opt/SUNWspro/lib/rw7|opt/csw/bin/gperf
Please note that checkpkg isn't suggesting you should simply add these
overrides
do the Makefile.  It only informs what the overrides could look like.  You
need
to understand what are the reported issues about and use your best judgement
decide whether to fix the underlying problems or override them. For more
information, scroll up and read the detailed messages.
gmake: *** [pkgcheck] Error 2

Getting much closer though, thank you.

Jesse