[csw-maintainers] Help for newbie creating a new package

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 3 09:38:31 CEST 2011

2011/8/3 Jesse Reynolds <jesse at opencsw.org>:
> I tried creating a Makefile and running 'mgar newpkg gperf' as per one of
> the examples in the wiki but it complained ...
> unstable9s:~/test/gperf $ mgar fetch
> svn: '.' is not a working copy
> ERROR: No build system found at /home/jesse/opencsw/.buildsys/
> Clearly I'm missing something basic about how, or where, to run mgar.

The error you're seeing is the one that shows when the GARTYPE setting
is missing from the Makefile you're attempting to build. This setting
tells mgar which branch of mgar (v1, v2, perhaps another one) to use.
You can also debug mgar.  It is written in shell, so you can run the
following command:

/opt/csw/bin/bash -x /opt/csw/bin/mgar (...)

If the debug output doesn't help you, please post it here (or on IRC
via a paste service), it should shed more light on what's going on.