[csw-maintainers] web visibility of packages

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 9 03:02:34 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Peter Bonivart's message of Mon Aug 08 05:30:26 -0400 2011:

> There's probably not much to gain from having the mapping for, e.g.,
> the stable maintainer, if that maintainer is currently active he
> will most likely just refer the bug to the unstable maintainer
> anyway. I think all mappings should be to the unstable catalog since
> that's where stuff is happening currently.

I think this is pretty accurate.  No point in making it more complex
than is required...not to say we can't improve it in the future, but
presently we're just getting the functionality we used to have fully
automated.

> The package browser should be able to display all variants of arch
> and catalog, I've always thought that was a weakness with the
> current one.  James Lee's browser can do that but only by choosing
> an entry point, I think it would be nicer if we just used a table to
> display the variants on the same page.

Given what I've seen so far, I think this will require database
changes as not enough info is stored.  It certainly would be nice,
especially as we transition to named releases.  Initially though, lets
just get 'out of the hole' and moving.  Improvements can be made
later.

> But the most important thing for me is when can we expect catalog
> updates again for current? Last I heard it was e-mail lacking from
> the signing host, Dago is now back. Or is that for Ihsan to take
> care of?

We need to be able to relay mail out of the cswsign host and that's
not presently possible.

Maciej: Is there anything standing in the way of doing the
unstable->current integration using the merge tool?  Can we simply
install the new gpg key in cswsign when mail is ready and push changes
with the idea that the web and mantis will 'catch up' afterward?

Thanks