[csw-maintainers] mirroring a subset of pkgs

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 29 23:32:19 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Daniel Pocock <daniel at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> Even so, the approach I have provided for building a mirror is still
>>> quite valid for a subset of the catalog, because after I have built my
>>> `mini-mirror', I may not want to install every downloaded package on
>>> every target machine - I may still want pkgutil to just pick some of the
>>> packages and their dependencies when I am on each target host.
>>
>> Yes, building an internal mirror based on a subset of packages is
>> something that's likely a common use case. Do we have a tutorial, FAQ
>> entry, or wiki page for how to do that? If not, we should get one.
>
> I attach another copy of the script, slightly improved
>
> Before making a document, should this become part of the pkgutil SVN, or
> should I start another repo for it?

Have you looked at the pkgutilplus package? There's a script in it
contributed by Dago that builds a mirror structure, it's used for our
experimental repo (http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html). If
your script is substantially different than his I would gladly include
it in the pkgutilplus package.

/peter