[csw-maintainers] /usr/{local,share} references

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 10 08:15:33 CET 2011

2011/2/10 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Feb 08 17:01:16 -0500 2011:
>
>> Well, I would certainly prefer that people manually inspect and
>> replace.
>
> Or, manually inspect and _not_ replace.  That is possibly a valid
> option in some cases.

I agree.  However, an inspected and left reference to /usr/local will
raise a question from the release manager.  Perhaps we should have
some sort of standardized way of communicating that the package
maintainer knows about the reference and considers it valid.  For
example, an override entry added to the checkpkg_override file in the
package.