[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Policy-team, policy docs, licenses

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 11 18:42:30 CET 2011

* Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> 2011/2/11 Maciej Blizi??ski <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> > 2011/2/10 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>:
> >

> >> It's not "clearly" anything of the sort. I'm only  proposing that we
> >> keep things as simple as possible.
> >
> > Simple, in what sense?
>
> The policy.
>
> no one said policy *making* was simple (in any context, whether in
> opencsw, or elsewhere).
> The goal should be a simple, easy to read and understand _policy_, not
> ease of creating new policies.
> In the same way that our overall goals should be to provide a simple
> easy to use experience for the _user_, not "to make maintainers lives
> easier".
> Quality of end product should come first. ease of production, second.

There's also a time-to-market aspect and one of priorities. One can
spend endless time and energy on all aspects while trying to make
everything 100%, while totally missing the point.

On #solaris the blastwave supporters just mentioned that they have -
behind closed doors - prep'd an updated core stack.

How well would you rate our level of focus, the time spent here, and
progress in light of such a statement - irregardless of its validity?

Sebastian