[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Policy-team, policy docs, licenses

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Feb 12 19:07:56 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>>> Nor is this me being "obstructionist" or other garbage: this is me
>> pointing out **the proper way to do things**, in any real life
>> business organization, particularly a supposedly democratically
>> founded one.
>
> I agree with you that obstructionism is garbage.
>
> A business is not a democracy. We are not a business but a community. A
> community should be a democracy.

Perhaps 'a business' was not quite the right word. but 'a community'
is not adequate either.
Maybe you'd like to suggest a better one.
The issue here, is that "OpenCSW" is not merely "a community", but a
*legal entity*.
As such, there is a higher standard to "do things properly".
I thought a simple way to describe that was as "a business".