[csw-maintainers] Call for vote: -dev vs. -devel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Feb 24 18:02:04 CET 2011

On 2/24/11, Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>  I'm inclined to do no writeup whatsoever, and only
> include a link to this thread:
>
> http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2011-February/014148.html

which will ensure that some people will not read it.
There is a solution to this; I already proposed it in a thread a while
back, but I'll repeat it.
have one person from "each side", do a part of the writeup.
This is a standard real-world methodology for ballots in some places.

Each "side" gets complete control over their part of the writeup.
There should only be editorial fiddling, if either one side gives
*factually incorrect* statements, or it is just ludicrously long. (3x
the length of the other side, or something)