[csw-maintainers] Call for vote: -dev vs. -devel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Feb 24 19:08:25 CET 2011

On 2/24/11, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>
>> On 2/24/11, Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>>  I'm inclined to do no writeup whatsoever, and only
>>> include a link to this thread:
>>>
>>> http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2011-February/014148.html
>>>

>> which will ensure that some people will not read it.
>
> Why do you think so? It's a URI accessible for everybody, isn't it?
>> Each "side" gets complete control over their part of the writeup.
>> There should only be editorial fiddling, if either one side gives
>> *factually incorrect* statements, or it is just ludicrously long. (3x
>> the length of the other side, or something)
>
> The message at the head of this thread cites a honest summary that
> Dagobert has done. There is nothing wrong with that. Or is it?

ironically, I think you just proved my point, "people wont read the
thread". Because if you had (re?)read the whole thread rather than
just the first article, you would already know my viewpoint on
Dagobert's summary.

Now, speaking of "what's wrong with that?" questions... what's wrong
with my proposal about ballot writeups?