[csw-maintainers] MySQL shared libraries - how about /opt/csw/lib?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jan 2 02:52:46 CET 2011

>Are you serious?  Is that a supported use case?

well, there's "supported" , and then there's "users do odd things sometimes" :-)

there are also some side benefits, such as, a 'du' on the mysql dir
will give accurate results for an admin who wants a quick check on
that sort of thing.  there's probably other small benefits like that I
haven't thought about long enough to come up with.

it seems more consistent to me also, that if we have gone to the
trouble to subprefix mysql binaries, then *all* 'binary' type objects,
including libraries, would go under there also.

this seems to me to be fairly standard behavior, across a wide variety
of software , and even platforms.