[csw-maintainers] MySQL shared libraries - how about /opt/csw/lib?

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 2 09:30:54 CET 2011

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

>>Are you serious?  Is that a supported use case?
>
> well, there's "supported" , and then there's "users do odd things sometimes" :-)

Everything is possible but we are not discussing about the totality of
the possibles. As we use a packaging system we should stick to what it's
possible with that. The other usages are not of our concern and admins
or users can easily adapt if everything is orthogonal.

As for the binaries, they can be very easily managed with alternatives
as Ben has suggested. Don't forget that having chosen an alternative
doesn't preclude to use a older or different version in the same time.

--
Peter