[csw-maintainers] ITP: opencsw-policy

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 2 15:45:23 CET 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sun Jan 02 00:10:56 -0500 2011:

> I'm not familiar with asciidoc.

I've never used it either, but a quick look at the documentation for
it shows it to be very easy to use:

http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/#_overview_and_examples

> Rather than having to take peoples word for [how language xyz
> looks], how about we put up some sample pages, with a medium (or
> possibly even high) complexity "sample document", in
> (abbreviated)HTML, asciidoc, and whatever else people would like to
> propose?

I'll assume that people can already understand the html.  Suffice it
to say that even a stripped down docbook will be far more verbose than
the stripped down html version...although it offers more flexibility
in output formats.

> Both the 'working code', and how the resulting output looks.

This is supplied above for asciidoc without additional work on our
part.  If people want to champion another format, lets see the similar
links.  This should give a more complete view than any 'sample'
document we might put together.

Thanks