[csw-maintainers] volunteer(s) needed to test new class action script

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jan 3 21:10:06 CET 2011

On 1/3/11, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Jan 03 14:24:32 -0500 2011:
>
>> I ideally need the package to have a directory in the pkginfo, along
>> with the i and r scripts.
>> How do I do that?
>
> Create the directory as part of the install-custom target in the
> makefile.  ($(DESTDIR) is what you'd expect.).  Then, add a line
> similar to the existing PKGFILES_ lines for -cptemplates.
>
> Once those changes are made, commit then and run:
>
> gmake spotless; gmake package

thanks.

is there a shortcut for
"clean up JUST the sub-package I care about" ?

would be nice if there were.
but even the above, did not work for me (even without me trying to add
the special install target. At this oint, I have not touched the
Makefile). and that is after I did a svn update for gar.

btw, I committed bugfixes  for the scripts. I think its pretty much
ready for you to pick whatever package you have that currently may use
cpsampleconf or something, and migrate it.

quilt, I guess, would be simplest?

So if you would, please rebuild/repackage new version(since I cant)
and test with quilt?

Side note for the curious: CAS scripts written like cswcptemplates,
will cleanly *RE*run, for pkgadd.
if pkgadd/script run failed the first time, (or perhaps some idiot
wiped out /etc/opt/csw) but you have the regular 'class none' files
installed...
running pkgadd again, will just run the CAS, and it will work as desired.
Or do nothing, if the right stuff is already there.
The benefits of paranoid programming :)