[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 10 15:17:24 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter Bonivart's message of Mon Jan 10 04:22:29 -0500 2011:

Hi Peter,

> Because it's not possible to calculate dependencies for packages
> that are not in the catalog. Our catalogs have never (for years at
> least) contained any SUNW dependencies so it wasn't a design
> criteria for me.

Makes sense.  I guess not having them in the catalog or handled by
pkgutil isn't a big deal anyway as the underlying pkgadd will still
note the requirement (if it's missing) for any package that does
declare the dependency.

Overally, this isn't a good idea anyway.

Thanks