[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 10 16:37:17 CET 2011

Let's sum it up.  If I understand correctly, permission to depend on
openslp has not been granted.  Instead, we can declare a dependency on
SUNWslpu.  It will not result in automatic installation of libslp, but
will display a message during package installation, that SUNWslpu is
missing.  The 64-bit libslp is in differently named packages between
Solaris 9 and 10, which could be potentially be a showstopper.
However, in the case of cups, because (by coincidence) there are no
64-bit cups libraries, we don't need to declare a dependency providing
the 64-bit libslp.  Therefore, we'll declare a dependency on SUNWslpu
until 64-bit cups libraries come along.  We'll revisit the issue then.

Is that the result of our discussion?