[csw-maintainers] moving forward

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 14 09:53:41 CEST 2011

2011/7/14 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> This works for me.  There is still some work to do to automate the
> flow and we can't sit on packages until everything is ready.  Would
> anyone like the job of moving packages from unstable to current for
> the time being?

Moving packages from unstable to current in the database can be
automatic.  How about the following idea:

- maintainers push packages to unstable
- at time t, a script looks at the diff between unstable and current;
it prepares a change set to be applied to current; it sends the change
set to a mailing list with information: "At time t + 12h the following
changes will be applied: ..."
- people in the project have 12h to react if the change set reads
"destroy the world"
- if no action is taken until t + 12h, the change set is applied and
new current is pushed