[csw-maintainers] pango -> graphviz -> imagemagick

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 11 13:31:16 CEST 2011

The process to get to a graphviz-2.28.0 release, as I understand it from
discussions with Dago, is as follows:

   1.  Wait for latest liblasi to show up on current9[sx] to resolve a
problem with a missing shared lib dependency that broke "dot -c" during
graphviz installs.

   2.  Wait on latest pango to show up on current9[sx] -- to be honest I
can't remember if this is essential, but Dago has made extensive build
fixes and may (I'm not sure) have repackaged the libs such that I need
changes in graphviz' Makefile.   Also the new pango is expected to be
64bit ready.

When pango is available the remaining steps are:

   3. Build graphviz-2.28.0 as normal on current9[sx], but hold the
resulting packages in /home/experimental/graphviz/ until imagemagick
is also built.

   4. Install CSWgraphviz & CSWgraphvizdevel on unstable9[sx]

   5. Build imagemagic on unstable9[sx] and save resulting packages in
/home/experimental/graphviz/

   6. Release graphviz and imagemagick packages simultaneously.

So, bottom line,   where is pango?

John