[csw-maintainers] discussion: optional config files in etc

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed May 18 16:00:12 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Geoff Davis <gadavis at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I hate to split hairs on this, but it really does depend on the program in question. I'd say leave it up to the package maintainer to make the call.

Something that I'm not opposed to... I'm in favor of maintainers
carefully considering each package in depth :)
But what guidelines would you suggest they use, to decide if they do,
vs dont, ship it in /opt/csw/etc if it is not normally needed?

/etc is hardly pristine on Solaris as shipped from Oracle, with the
legacy symbolic links to system binaries and all.

well, isnt it nice that OUR etc is not so cluttered as that?
Seems to me it would be nice to keep it that way.