[csw-maintainers] catalog date announcement

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed May 18 19:23:51 CEST 2011

I was recently falsely accused of "dragging out the discussion on a
timestamp for our catalog, 'endlessly' "
This is completely untrue.  The truth is, the discussion had
appropriately run its course, and a consensus had pretty much been
reached.

I had just sent a final email, asking that the last person who had an
issue with the format, confirm that it was okay.
http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2011-April/014508.html

Please note that, rather than me blocking things from progressing, or
doing things on my own,  I was actually attempting to confirm
consensus, before proceeding.
I was relying getting a reply to that, to be the trigger for actually
implementing it.
Unfortunately, I never received a reply,and had forgotten about it until now.

So at this point, 3 weeks later,  I will take "no reply", as a go ahead.
>From now on, as negotiated in the thread above, the first line of our
catalog will be of the format

# CREATIONDATE 2011-04-21T20:10:46Z