[csw-maintainers] Forum Software

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed May 25 18:43:48 CEST 2011

* ??hsan Do??an <ihsan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> As discussed on the IRC, I'm currently working on a forum for OpenCSW.
> I've did a test installation of the most recent phpBB version, but I'm
> not happy with it. Somehow I don't like the software.
>
> Does someone has already experience with forum software and can
> recommend me a good alternative to phpBB?

During winter camp Maciej mentioned Vanilla which seems loosely modelled
after Stackoverflow [1,2]. From looking at it briefly, it feels more
like the 21th century than traditional forums. That's only the user side
though, not the admin perspective.

Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.opencsw.org/wintercamp-2011#toc6
[2] http://vanillaforums.org/