[csw-maintainers] proposed change to feeds listing

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 7 09:36:32 CET 2011

On 11/06/2011 11:09 PM, Ben Walton wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As we no longer generate the atom feed at release time through the
> script Phil used (it lived on bender and was served by an apache
> instance running there), I've made a few changes I think will be
> useful.
>
> The first is that the atom feeds I've been generating for a while have
> a new home at: http://www.opencsw.org/catalogfeeds/.  These feeds have
> the two recently proposed changes:
> version in title
> history trimming to 31 days
>
> They also have the previously absent self link since they have a
> proper home now...I don't generate an html version of them (yet?) so
> they continue to lack that link.
>
> The second change is that I've altered the /feeds page in the mockup
> wordpress for preview: http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/feeds/
>
> If this is good, I'll move the page update to the live wordpress
> instance.
>
> (I do still have intent to aggregate all catalog changes into a single
> feed but I never seem to get around to that.)

A couple of notes:

* The resource is served as "application/xml" but has to be
"application/atom+xml". I think all that needs to be done is to either
rename the files from "atom.xml" to "atom" as Apache seems to include a
mapping for "atom" files, or add "atom.xml" to the mime.types file.

* The self link seems wrong, it includes a reference to your home
directory :)

* The feed should include an <author> tag to be valid. This is probably
a decent author:

   <author>
     <name>OpenCSW Robot</name>
   </author>

The feed doesn't contain any entries so I can't validate those yet :)

--
Trygve