[csw-maintainers] Is there a reason not to fix uninitialized $REVISION warning

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 7 10:44:30 CET 2011

2011/11/7 Бондаренко Андрей Витальевич <bondarenko.av at mmk.ru>:
> I get warning about uninitialized REVISION on each build. I find it quite
> annoying (...)

Me too. However, the warning, betraying the use of mkpackage, came in
handy once: it once showed that GAR calls mkpackage where it doesn't
really need to.  When I'm building larger packages, I always need to
wait for GAR just to print the list of built files.  It turns out that
GAR makes expensive calls to mkpackage just to print the file names.