[csw-maintainers] minimum solaris 10 patche set / release

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 9 10:44:01 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was helping a user in irc tonight and we determined that his base
> issue is that our libkrb5.so.3 requires libresolv.so.2 (SUNW_2.2.1).
> He was on a solaris 10 u1 system and didn't have the required symbol
> version available.
>
> We listed minimum patch levels and version requirements for 8 and 9.
> I think this means that we now have an identified minimum for 10.
>
> I'm not sure how to isolate the patch that delivers the required
> symbol versions.  Can somebody help with this?

I don't remember us ever specifying a minimum patch level. Don't you
mean the patches needed for pkgadd to install pkg-get/pkgutil?

Blastwave just had a general recommendation that your system should be
"fully patched" or something like that. I think that's reasonable to
write on our get started pages as well since it's always the first
question you get back from support anyway. For us to track a wider
range of patch levels is not feasible.

/peter