[csw-maintainers] package browser

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 17 02:00:03 CEST 2012

Hi All,

In order to squash all of the issues we fight with our current package
browser (mostly the disparity between various catalogs), I think we
should move to something like this: http://www.archlinux.org/packages/

It's got nice, quick filtering on various criteria and a decent URL
scheme as well.

With a fairly small amount of work, I can make the web db maintenance
code populate some new tables for use by a new package browser and
then start working on the display code.  (It'll be a few days before I
can start this (end of the week or so) due to other things I've got up
in the air.)

If you would like changes to the above, let's discuss them.  It's a
pretty good starting point, I think.

Thanks