[csw-maintainers] rework cswinitsmf

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 23 15:34:57 CEST 2012

Hi,
as discovered today the cswinitsmf (actually the smf part of it)
probably needs a rework. When you install a zone and you have a package
with smf support installed in the global zone the smf is not imported on
the new installed zone.
The reason for this is that there is no smf service running yet in the
zone so svccfg import etc. do not work.
The smf database is created on first boot. But only with manifests that
are in /var/svc/manifest.

Maybe we should move our manifests to that place too. (I don't now if we
ever did or what the reason was not to move it to that place? )

Thoughts?

Greetings
Jan