[csw-maintainers] rework cswinitsmf

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 23 16:28:54 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Jan Holzhueter <jh at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Maybe we should move our manifests to that place too. (I don't now if we
> ever did or what the reason was not to move it to that place? )

For the same reason we don't put configuration directly into /etc, Sun
created /etc/opt and /var/opt to get some separation and we used it.
Unfortunately they have hardcoded some paths like /usr/sadm for class
action scripts and apparently /var/svc as well. Kind of makes it hard
to follow guidelines when you lose functionality. :-/

I guess we could move our manifests as long as we make sure name
clashes are unlikely (csw-prefix?). The /usr/sadm I don't think we can
do anything about.

/peter