[csw-maintainers] linker version on unstable10*

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 20 20:04:15 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

Am 20.08.2012 um 19:41 schrieb Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:
>> Am 20.08.2012 um 14:35 schrieb pfelecan at opencsw.org:
>>> I started to have issues with the Solaris provided linker some times ago.
>>> Lately I stumbled again on a different behavior of the public build farm
>>> and the one that I'm using privately.
>>>
>>> On the public build-farm the linker version is:
>>>
>>> ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.10-1.500
>>
>> On which host are you executing this? I just have update the Sparc 10
>> machines to u10.
>
> unstable10x and unstable10s; /etc/release doesn't reflect that it's u10…

Umh…

dam at unstable10s [unstable10s]:/home/dam > more /etc/release
                   Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b SPARC
  Copyright (c) 1983, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
                            Assembled 23 August 2011

>> Should I do some more patching on x86?
>
> I don't see it as a x86 issue.

In fact it is, as I recently patched only the sparc machines and then went
out of time, so the x86 machines are u9 at most.