[csw-maintainers] Blogger says installation instructions are unclear

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Wed Feb 1 08:30:18 CET 2012

I am relatively new to OpenCSW and have gone through in several installations recent days. My experience on Solaris 10 was:

# pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now
has not worked for me. Because I have to use a proxy?

Download and install it is simple and ok.
There are detailed instructions on the next page:

* it should or must updated v2.4 to v2.6.1 by pkgutil -u
* the mirror must changed, if you do not wont use catalog testing
* run pkgutil -U

Perhaps we could put these two web pages together because Configuration and Upgrade is significant.

Carsten

Am 31.01.12, schrieb Peter FELECAN  <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> writes:
>
> > I've always thought it was overkill to have both announcements and
> > news, one should be enough. We could then move the text from "Get
> > started" right onto the first page in its own box. Most similar sites
> > have bootstrap info right in your face, we should as well.
>
> Overkill and quite stale. I fully agree with your proposal. BTW, if we
> cannot feed correctly the "news" or "announcements" sections it's way
> better to remove them altogether.
> --
> Peter

Carsten Grzemba