[csw-maintainers] subversion-1.7.2 now with gnome-keyring, where to put command line keyring tool?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 8 20:39:01 CET 2012

2012/1/5 rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>:
> subversion_contrib, and subversion_tools do not make sense any more for 1.7+
> as they are empty. is it sufficient to just remove them from the makefile?
> and how the package then gets removed from the "new catalogue"?

You need to think about it from the perspective of existing
installation. There are boxes out there with this package currently
installed. When you build and push a new version, people might upgrade
from any of the previously released versions. If someone upgrades from
1.6 with a contrib package with files, and you simply remove the
contrib package from the catalog, the installation will be left with
the old contrib files from the 1.6 series.

I suggest: for the dublin release, either ship an empty package or
declare an incompatibility in CSWsubversion on the contrib package.

When kiel comes along, only declare an incompatibility.

Removing packages from the catalog is currently done with
csw-upload-pkg --remove, but I've got feedback that the usage is
counter-intuitive (the same usage as adding packages to the catalog,
i.e. you refer to specific files by specifying paths to them). You can
either do it yourself (carefully) or ask someone else to do it for
you.