[csw-maintainers] Boost

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 2 10:24:40 CET 2012

Hello maintainers,

I started looking at the new Boost. My first attempt to build from
subversion trunk resulted in a build log which counted 5584
occurrences of the word "error"[1]. There are bits of assembler code
that expect v9 and don't build for v8 or v8+

/var/tmp//ccAYaEJg.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp//ccAYaEJg.s:1320: Error: Architecture mismatch on "cas".
/var/tmp//ccAYaEJg.s:1320:  (Requires v9|v9a|v9b; requested architecture is v8.)

Generally, the state of the Solaris build seem to be poor. I asked a
question on the boost-build mailing list[2], but got no answers. My
repost to the general Boost devel mailing list is awaiting moderation.
Maybe I'll have more luck over there.

Has anyone here attempted a Boost build recently? Do you have any
tips&trick, e.g. how to integrate a function from gnulib?

Maciej

[1] http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~maciej/boost-2012-02-29-09-51.log
[2] http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2012/02/25680.php