[csw-maintainers] Python pyconfig.h headers

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 3 10:28:48 CET 2012

Python installs a file called pyconfig.h which contains information it
has gathered about the OS during build time. This includes bits like
_XOPEN_SOURCE, which are determined by what standards does the build
host support. That changes from one Solaris version to another, and
I've verified that if you build on Solaris 9, you get different
contents of pyconfig.h than when you build on Solaris 10. This seems
to me like we should supply at least separate python_dev packages for
9 and 10, if not the whole package.

Thoughts?