[csw-maintainers] Problem with GIT repository cloning at github

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 8 18:08:46 CET 2012

Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Thu Mar 08 11:38:23 -0500 2012:

> > There is no usable tag for me, upstream just doesn't do it so I am
> > forced to package the treeish.
>
> Ok, that's workable still.  I'll look at this over my lunch break.

I made a small tweak to the extraction code so that it now do (cd
$bare_repo; git --bar archive ...) instead of git --bare archive
--remote=file:///path/to/bare.git.  This seems to work now.

When I get a chance, I'll try to investigate why the --remote
parameter stopped working in this use case.  (I think this feature was
always intended for git:// or http:// urls and not for local stuff, so
maybe the oversight was corrected and file:// access was never meant
to work?)

Let me know if it still causes you any grief.

Thanks