[csw-maintainers] albumshaper removal

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 13 01:03:22 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> 2012/11/12 Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org>
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
>> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Do we really want that? What's the rationale behind it? On the camp we
>> > talked that it's a good thing if we're not locking down packages to
>> > specific people. Part of that is the change of wording to "Last uploaded by".
>>
>> I think that kind of change should have a vote or at least a proper
>> discussion on the maintainers list.
>
> By what kind of change you mean - a change of wording on the website?
> Or do you think there was some other kind of change? (There wasn't.)

I think your response to Dago's request implied a significant change
in what it means to be a maintainer. Then Ben said nothing has
changed. Now you also say nothing has changed but the text above to me
looks like you and some others at camp think that packages are now
locked to maintainers and that is something negative, I'm still
curious about what you mean by that? I don't mind a minor change in
wording, but you do say above that it's part of a change, as in more
is to come. What would that be?